Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Night of the Gay Rabbit

I know, it's a bizarre title. Before the night of the gay rabbit, Steph and I had class, I slept a lot, we just generally went about our business.

So, the night of the gay rabbit, last night, we (being Jess, Brooke and myself) headed out to meet Steph, Julien, and Julien's friend Raouf at a Japanese restaurant near Opera. Loc and Tess also joined us. Dinner was quite lovely, I had the assorted sushi platter, and there was so much wasabi in the first bite I took that the heat shot straight up my nose and I started crying! Anyway, Raouf is also an actor, and think he's quite amusing. So we were telling jokes at the table, and Tess misunderstood one of the jokes and thought that it went "What is invisible and on a carrot? A gay rabbit!" which was absolutely hilarious at the time, and a better joke than the intended meaning.

After dinner we headed to a bar called Le K1ze. Jess and I, both being sick and trying to save our pennies, decided we wouldn't drink - this resolve was shattered when the bartender took quite a shine to us and gave us free caramel and vodka shots... After a bit of a dance, Steph and Julien headed back to his house, Raouf went home, Loc had already departed, Brooke felt sick and decided to retire, and Jess, Tess and I walked to Cafe Oz.

Cafe Oz was pretty much empty, but Sam (boy from NZ) and Jules (girl from Sydney), the bartenders, poured us ridiculously strong drinks and gave us tequila shots. We stayed there til they shut, then Sam poured us drinks into plastic cups and we walked to Truscolls, a really cool bar that apparently a lot of bands go to when they finish their gigs. By this time we were all completely trounced. Jess and Jules headed home, and Sam, Tess and I pushed on... Sam almost got in a fight with a french bloke and I thought our coats had been stolen until I remembered I put them behind the bar with the bartender....

Jules' visa runs out in about June, so she's actually getting pacsed, which is basically a civil marriage, to one of her french friends, so she can stay in the country!

Anyway, once again Tess and I found ourselves stumbling home at 6am, and buzzing the bell to get someone up to let us in!

Today, we woke up at about midday, as Brooke was leaving to go to Germany. Steph arrived home, changed, and headed off for a lunch date and I haven't seen her since. Jess got up and went to Monoprix, our local supermarket, in her pyjamas, to get us eggs and pineapple. Then we fell asleep again, woke up at 3, Tess cooked us scrambled eggs and we've been watching Sex and the City since we decided to venture outside to use the internet. Tess has met up with friends to go party again, but I'm slowly sipping coke, hoping I will start to function like a human being soon!

We obviously didn't manage to go ice skating, we ran out of time yesterday, but I think we'll go tomorrow! You'll hear from me soon xox

No comments:

Post a Comment