Friday, March 20, 2009

La Vie As It Stands

So it's been awhile between posts, but I have a legitimate reason, which is that there hasn't been a great deal to tell!

Worked and slept for almost all of the weekend, with the exception of Sunday, where I managed to mosey down to Trivia, and, despite intending to get a relatively early night, did not manage to stumble home until 3am. Oops.

Probably the most exciting thing is the fantastic weather that we're currently enjoying. Since the weekend the sun has been shining, although it is by no means the skin cancer generating Aussie sun that I miss so much. I went out to lunch with a friend from the UK on Monday, and was so amazed by the weather that I sat around in a t-shirt dress and only one pair of stockings. My goosebumps were pretty epic, but I couldn't bear to put on my cardigan!

Anyway, Tuesday night was St Patrick's Day, so Eric, Misa, Alan, Giva (two of the bartenders from The Thistle) and a few other people and I went to a bar called the Fifth on Rue Mouffetard. We played beer pong, I was unsurprisingly rather terrible and thus ended up drinking quite a lot in quite a short space of time.

Unfortunately I've know come down with a bit of a cold, so am trying to rest a bit in order to recover! Happily, this was made so much easier by the fact that my class this afternoon was cancelled! Alot of unions went on strike today, and when I showed up at uni there were about 40 policeman blocking off the street. I ran into my friend Rob, who told me that he'd been told to leave the building immediately, and they were now in lockdown and no one could get out or in. Apparently they were scared that the strikers would move down to Sciences Po and try to storm the building. I love France, and the fact that it's probably the only place in the world where uni classes would stop because of a fear of violent rioters!

Anyway, work Friday and Saturday night, but on Monday Mum arrives! I must say I'm looking forward to a bit of mothering!

Miss you all, please keep in touch xox

No comments:

Post a Comment