Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Last Few Days

In my most important and exciting news, I am now employed! Had an interview last Tuesday at Le Truskel, my favourite bar in Paris, and started on Saturday night. Spent the evening going round collecting glasses, and fighting my way through the crowd, but it was still quite fun. I have never had so much attention from men in my entire life (it actually got really irritating), and the music there is literally my ipod playlist. It's fantastic! Am working again tomorrow night for a couple of hours, to get training on the bar, and then again Friday and Saturday nights. Great way to save money!

So, Sunday night we had trivia, of course. Wandered down with Misa, waited for Joe, and we cracked open our bottle of gin. Misa's lover, Archie, came down with a couple of his friends, so they made their own team. Joe and I were pretty much the only ones drinking the gin, so by the end of the quiz I was a little tipsy... Unfortunately, we came second in a tie break, the prize for which is a round of shots. Joe wisely headed home, but Misa and I decided to party on, with a guy who apparently won American Big Brother, and his fiancee. So we headed across Pont Neuf to The Highlander, because The Thistle was closing, and stayed out til quite late. I have no recollection of getting home... I did make scrambled eggs at Misa's place though.

Anyway, yesterday I dragged myself to class for what I thought would be a rather painful 4 hours. Happily, my second class was cancelled! So I went home and waited for Slater, a friend of ours who arrived in from Berlin last night.

Just trying to get through some uni work so that I can do something fun tonight, and then class tomorrow and work. Boring :(

No comments:

Post a Comment